Thursday, September 21, 2017

you know I love reading!

September 11 2017

I'm glad you are learning about charity, mom. It is a very important virtue (and is very linked with all the others). What you said about an outward mindset reminds me of a talk they had at the MTC called "The Character of Christ" by Elder Bednar. He talked a lot about looking outwards. 

I've been relearning a lot by going through the "First Twelve Weeks" booklet for new missionaries. It helps me see where to improve.

Elder Kisimba is already good at giving lessons. He is really kind and patient.

I've also learned more about prayer, just by reading Enos. It just gives such a great example of a sincere prayer and makes me want to pray more sincerely. Also reading in President Gordon B Hinckley's manual about learning was awesome. I love that when he was retired he would read in his library and then think about what he read while he sat on his stone wall outside. It makes him a bigger role model for me (you know I love reading!).

Fr Vieclaire, Fr Paul, Sr Gracia, and Fr Romich all got baptised this Sunday. I got to baptize them. It was cool but I forgot an extra pair of garments so they were wet afterwards... oh well.

My companion got his shirts tailored today also because they were too big. I didn't find any new shirts, they were all too small. But I'll find some eventually!

Je vous aime tous!
Nous ne craignons aucun homme!

Elder Russell



No comments:

Post a Comment