Sunday, February 26, 2017

And now for some silly missionary lingo: Pondu

February 13 2017

So, Sr Camille got baptized and confirmed this week! We are also going to start teaching English so that we can find more people to teach. Street contacting isn't very effective. But we continue to press foward! We hope that the English classes will attract a lot of people. We also have another investigator who will be baptized soon, Sr Lydie. She has been coming to Church for a while but her schedule limited the times we could teach her, but she said she could now do some lessons during the week. So that should be good. Fr Frederic got out of the hospital (he had a motorcycle accident and broke his leg) and he has to go back because some parts of the bone didn't stay correctly placed. But he is doing well. I'll be glad to start teaching him again. Other than that we had an uneventful week, though we did set some mouse traps because we've been having a mouse problem recently. Caught one so far.

Forgot to take pictures AGAIN. Yeah, really need to get better at that. We were told that we would have a new apartment in about three weeks so we also need to get rid of stuff, like old sofas. Though now we will be further away from our sector, so going to spend some transport money going into the sector. 

Thanks for the birthday wishes! And Happy Birthday to Stacey! My goodness how did I forget that in my last letter. I would also like to say thanks to everyone for their support, spiritual, mental, physical, no matter how. And I'd like to say how grateful I am for my loving family. And my Heavenly Father and lots of other things that go along with that (but above all for Jesus Christ and the atonement). I'll be sure to take and send photos this week.

One thing I learned this week is that we need to be patient. Sometimes very patient. and we need to be charitable, those kind of go along.

Je vous aime tous!
Nous ne craignons pas l'homme!
Elder Russell


And now for some silly missionary lingo: Pondu (Pah-dew, the pah is nasal) leftovers of a meal (technical French term is "Les restes")

No comments:

Post a Comment