Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Apostles, Sickness and Transfers.

November 16 2016

Apostles, Sickness and Transfers. Those are the big highlights of this week. Elder Christofferson was very cool and very relaxed, it was very fun to see him and to have him talk with us like it was totally normal. He talked about repentance, and I learned quite a bit. One of the things that stuck out to me the most was that he prays to know what sins he hasn't fully repented of, and usually they are very small things from years ago and what he needs to do is ask forgiveness from someone. He also said he is glad that the Lord is quick to forgive. That is a good thing for all of us. 

Also pretty much the entire apartement got sick this week. I was out for a day and my companion two. Let's just say I'd rather not be sick like that on the mission again, it is painful staying in the apartement all day. As I am writing this, I am in Yaounde, because I got transferred. After about 7 months Douala has seemed like it is pretty much just my home, and now I'm in a new city where 1. It is colder 2. There is a lot more dirt 3. There are a lot more hills. My companion is Elder B from Quebec. He is a nerd. Which is awesome. I'm also with an old friend, Elder Be, in the apartement! it was really interesting to see him again. Elder B is really nice and I'm excited to start working with him. 

Sr C gave her first lesson in Sunday School and she did great! She taught about eternal marriage and we talked a lot about traditional marriage in Africa and the difference between that and the dowry. I think what we decided was that the dowry isn't necessarily bad, people just abuse it and ask for exorbitant amounts of money and stuff. So that was interesting.

I hope Gatlin had a great experience on his mission. I also hope Shelby found a great man to get married to and that they will love and serve one another, and God, and raise a wonderful family. So I hope that they do their best to do those things before and after their marriage. I hope Rachael is having a great time learning and growing in the Gospel. It is true that the family is the best place to teach children, mostly by example. Because that will affect their entire life. Which is why having a family is such a great responsibility and one of the many reasons the Lord sends 18-25 (usually) year olds on missions, so that they can learn what they need to take on that responsibility. And I'm put of time so pictures will come next week.

Nous ne craignons personne!
Je vous aime tous!


Elder Russell

No comments:

Post a Comment