Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Good people going out to serve

Friday April 1 2016

Happy belated birthday! I see I'm still forgetting it. I hope you all had a great trip! Tell (everyone) I'm having a great time in the MTC and that I'm excited to go to the Republic of the Congo (also Cameroon and Gabon). 

Right then, Elder ZoBell is also going to the Republic of the Congo, Brazzaville mission. Also the entire zone except our district and another left this week. It was sad but exciting and I'm so glad there are so many good people going out to serve. That left only seven people in the Zone until Wednesday where we received eleven new missionaries: eight new Elders and three new Sœurs. I haven't got to know many of them yet but they seem like excellent people.

During the Tuesday devotional I had a tender mercy. I was super tired and thought I would fall asleep during it. They announced who the speaker was (Elder Vinson) and he was someone that Sœur Mitchell knew from Sydney because her seminary teacher had been good friends with him and his wife. He is also the 70 over the West Africa area, which is right next the area I'm serving (Africa Southeast). I most definitely did not fall asleep. I also got to meet him briefly because they wanted to take a picture with Sœur Mitchell and she was the only Sœur in our zone at the time.

I did initiatories* this morning and it was cool to hear that again since I had only done it once. It was also amazing to think about what it meant to those I was doing them for.

I have been using the "I fear no man!" more also, though I still haven't translated it to French. Speaking of which, the coolest thing I learned in French this week was using the conditional, even though I did that on my own time instead of in class. We also practiced asking questions to find the needs of our investigators, which was really cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment