Friday, April 8, 2016

Mon Cœur!

Friday April 8 2016

I'm doing very well! I do try to make sure I'm eating vegetables every meal, though I wish they knew how to really make grilled vegetables. Still, the wraps are good and so are the salads. I also got to meet one of the new Area Seventies since he is over our mission. Elder Christensen got a call and they told us he was visiting us in class in a few minutes. We hurriedly cleaned up and did a short activity. His name is Elder Christophe Kawaya and he was so cool. He spoke very little English so he mostly spoke to us in French, though his accent was a little hard to understand since he is from Africa (I believe DRC). Before he was called to be a Seventy he was a primary teacher or something similar and that was the only calling he had had... had.

I loved conference** too. I think this might have been the only one where I was awake all the time during all sessions. Obviously I loved Elder Holland's talk. I started this thing that when a teacher, Priesthood leader or the like says that they love us we say, "Mon Cœur!" and put our hands over our hearts so that was how we described his talk when discussing conference. I also loved the talk about rescuing. I also agree with the identification first and foremost as a child of God.

I totally forgot to tell you that we were visited by the Ambassador to the US from the European Union last week. It was cool but it was only for ten minutes, he seemed nice though. Oh, and tell Stacey I love her and to keep working hard at the violin! Thank you so much for all the support!

J'taime
I fear NO MAN!

Elder Russell


A picture of our picture with Elder Christophe Kawaya and his wife (mid front), one of the temple presidency people and his wife (mid mid), and one of our teachers, Frère Vanderholm (right behind me). Also the picture is balanced on whiteboard markers.

No comments:

Post a Comment